American National Insurance Company Forecast and Stock Analysis
Technical ANAT stock analysis for Friday June 14, 2019.
American National Insurance Company fell by -0.22% in the last day ( Friday, 14th Jun 2019 ) from $115.71 to $115.46 During day the stock fluctuated 0.89% from a day low at $114.95 to a day high of $115.97. The price has risen in 6 of the last 10 days and is up by 1.84% over the past 2 weeks. Volume fell in the last day along with the stock, which is actually a good sign as volume should follow the stock. In the last day the trading volume fell by -5 127 shares and in total 31 346 shares bought and sold for approximately $3.62 million.
- 30 day high of the ANAT stock price was $116.91 and low was $112.48.
- 90 day high was $141.29 and low was $112.47.
- 52 week high for the American National Insurance Company - $155.24 and low - $112.47.
American National Insurance Company has broken the falling short-term trend up. Firstly a slower falling rate is indicated, but this may very well be an early signal of a trend shift. On the reaction there will be support on the roof on the current trend broken, which is $113.92, a level that may pose a second chance to hit a runner. According to fan-theory $121.66 will be the next possible trendtop level and thereby pose a resistance level which may not be broken on the first attempt.
American National Insurance Company holds buy signals from both short- and long-term moving averages. In addition, there is a general buy signal from the relation between the two signals where the short-term average is above the long-term average. On corrections down there will be some support from the lines at $114.89 and $114.70. A break down below any of these levels will issue sell signals. Some negative signals were issued as well, and these may have some influence on the near short-term development. A sales signal was issued from a pivot top point on Tuesday June 04, 2019, which indicates further falls until a new bottom pivot has been found. Volume fell together with the price during the last trading day and this reduces the overall risk as volume should follow the price movements.
* Golden Star Signal* is when the short-term moving average, the long-term moving average, and price line meet in a special combination. This combination is very rare and often followed by long and strong gains for the stock in question.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
RSI14 is 49 and the stock is currently not being overbought or oversold
Support & Resistance
American National Insurance Company finds support from accumulated volume at $115.06.
This stock is usually traded at good volume, and with minor daily changes the risk is considered to be low. During the last day, the stock moved $1.03 (0.89%) between high and low. For the last week, the stock has had a daily average volatility of 1.32%.
Our recommended stoploss: $110.65 (-4.17%) (This stock has low daily movements and this gives low risk. There is a sell signal from pivot top found 8 days ago.)
1.32 %Average volatility
Very Low Low Medium High Very High
American National Insurance Company holds several positive signals, but we still don't find these to be enough for a buy-recommendation. At the current level we recommend to hold or accumulate in this position whilst awaiting for further development. We have upgraded our recommendation for this stock since last evaluation from a Sell Candidate to a Hold/Accumulate.
|Golden Star Signal|
Get competitive edge
The signal uses moving averages and adds special requirements that convert the very good Golden Cross into a Golden Star.
This signal is rare and, in most cases, gives a very good return. From 8.000 stocks usually only a few will trigger a Golden Star Signal per day!
Get access to Golden Star list now
From Our Blog
- Trading With Moving Average
- Pivot Points
- Accumulated Volume - Support and Resistance
- Volume - The Indicator You Really Need to Know
- We Give Back!
- Better Buy: Amazon vs. Facebook
- Better Buy: Apple vs. Microsoft
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- How to Lose Money When Trading: Part 2
- How to Lose Money When Trading: A Trader is Born
- Our 2017 Christmas Donation
- The Golden Star
- Announcing Partnership With CityFALCON
- Why correct moving average matters
- NASDAQ down -4.17%. Our portfolio is up +8.56%
- New Feature Added: Golden Star Signal
- Pick a Winner With StockInvest.us