NextEra Energy, Inc Forecast and Stock Analysis
Technical NEE stock analysis for Tuesday May 21, 2019.
|Shorts||2.39% ( 2019-04-15 )|
|Price to book||USD 2.78|
|Next Earnings Date||2019-08-01|
NextEra Energy, Inc fell by -0.23% in the last day ( Tuesday, 21st May 2019 ) from $199.35 to $198.90 During day the stock fluctuated 1.11% from a day low at $198.79 to a day high of $200.99. The price has risen in 6 of the last 10 days and is up by 4.82% over the past 2 weeks. Volume fell in the last day along with the stock, which is actually a good sign as volume should follow the stock. In the last day the trading volume fell by -0.01 million shares and in total 1.32 million shares bought and sold for approximately $263.05 million.
- 30 day high of the NEE stock price was $200.99 and low was $187.30.
- 90 day high was $200.99 and low was $184.04.
- 52 week high for the NextEra Energy, Inc - $200.99 and low - $155.06.
NextEra Energy, Inc lies in the upper part of a weak rising trend in the short term, and this will normally pose a very good selling opportunity for the short-term trader as reaction back towards the lower part of the trend can be expected. A break-up at the top trend line at $199.45 will firstly indicate a stronger raising rate. Given the current short-term trend, the stock is expected to rise 3.08% during the next 3 months and, with 90% probability hold a price between $194.57 and $205.59 at the end of this period.
NextEra Energy, Inc holds buy signals from both short- and long-term moving averages. In addition, there is a general buy signal from the relation between the two signals where the short-term average is above the long-term average. On corrections down there will be some support from the lines at $197.00 and $191.68. A break down below any of these levels will issue sell signals. Some negative signals were issued as well, and these may have some influence on the near short-term development. A sales signal was issued from a pivot top point on Monday May 20, 2019, which indicates further falls until a new bottom pivot has been found. Volume fell together with the price during the last trading day and this reduces the overall risk as volume should follow the price movements.
* Golden Star Signal* is when the short-term moving average, the long-term moving average, and price line meet in a special combination. This combination is very rare and often followed by long and strong gains for the stock in question.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
RSI14 is 65 and the stock is currently not being overbought or oversold
Support & Resistance
NextEra Energy, Inc finds support from accumulated volume at $191.24.
This stock is usually traded at good volume, and with minor daily changes the risk is considered to be low. During the last day, the stock moved $2.20 (1.11%) between high and low. For the last week, the stock has had a daily average volatility of 1.38%.
Our recommended stoploss: $190.95 (-4.00%) (This stock has low daily movements and this gives low risk. There is a sell signal from pivot top found 1 days ago.)
1.38 %Average volatility
Very Low Low Medium High Very High
Several short-term signals, along with a general good trend, are positive and we conclude that the current level may hold a buying opportunity as there is a fair chance for this stock to perform well in the short-term. We have upgraded our recommendation for this stock since last evaluation from a Hold/Accumulate to a Buy Candidate.
|Golden Star Signal|
Get competitive edge
The signal uses moving averages and adds special requirements that convert the very good Golden Cross into a Golden Star.
This signal is rare and, in most cases, gives a very good return. From 8.000 stocks usually only a few will trigger a Golden Star Signal per day!
Get access to Golden Star list now
|NEE $198.90 ($-0.45 -0.23%)|
NEE is down $0.45 today, but where's it headed in 2019?
|Zacks Investment Research is releasing its prediction for NEE based on the 1-3 month system that more than doubles the S&P 500.
This report is free today for StockInvest.us readers.
Click here – the NEE analysis is free »
From Our Blog
- Trading With Moving Average
- Pivot Points
- Accumulated Volume - Support and Resistance
- Volume - The Indicator You Really Need to Know
- We Give Back!
- Better Buy: Amazon vs. Facebook
- Better Buy: Apple vs. Microsoft
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- How to Lose Money When Trading: Part 2
- How to Lose Money When Trading: A Trader is Born
- Our 2017 Christmas Donation
- The Golden Star
- Announcing Partnership With CityFALCON
- Why correct moving average matters
- NASDAQ down -4.17%. Our portfolio is up +8.56%
- New Feature Added: Golden Star Signal
- Pick a Winner With StockInvest.us