NRG Energy Inc Forecast and Stock Analysis
Technical NRG stock analysis for Wednesday June 19, 2019.
NRG Energy Inc gained 0.43% in the last trading day ( Wednesday, 19th Jun 2019 ), rising from $34.65 to $34.80 , and has now gained 3 days in a row. It will be exciting to see whether it manages to continue gaining or take a minor break for the next few days. During day the stock fluctuated 1.85% from a day low at $34.38 to a day high of $35.01. The price has been going up and down for this period, and there has been a -1% loss for the last 2 weeks. Volume has increased in the last day along with the price, which is a positive technical sign, and, in total, 0.96 million more shares were traded than the day before. In total, 4.35 million shares bought and sold for approximately $151.39 million.
- 30 day high of the NRG stock price was $36.96 and low was $33.43.
- 90 day high was $43.66 and low was $33.43.
- 52 week high for the NRG Energy Inc - $43.66 and low - $29.90.
NRG Energy Inc has broken the falling short-term trend up. Firstly a slower falling rate is indicated, but this may very well be an early signal of a trend shift. On the reaction there will be support on the roof on the current trend broken, which is $34.27, a level that may pose a second chance to hit a runner. According to fan-theory $37.23 will be the next possible trendtop level and thereby pose a resistance level which may not be broken on the first attempt.
A buy signal was issued from a pivot bottom point on Monday June 10, 2019, which indicates further gains until a new top pivot has been found. Volume is rising along with the price. This is considered to be a good technical signal. Some negative signals were issued as well, and these may have some influence on the near short-term development. NRG Energy Inc holds a buysignal from the short-term moving average; at the same time, however, a sales signal from the long-term average. Since the longterm average is above the short-term average there is a general sales signal in the stock. On further gains, the stock will meet resistance from the long-term moving average at $35.88. On a fall, the stock will find some support from the short-term average at $34.59. A break-up through the long-term average will give another buy signal, while a fall below the short-term average will add another sales signal and strengthen the general signal.
* Golden Star Signal* is when the short-term moving average, the long-term moving average, and price line meet in a special combination. This combination is very rare and often followed by long and strong gains for the stock in question.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
RSI14 is 63 and the stock is currently not being overbought or oversold
Support & Resistance
NRG Energy Inc finds support from accumulated volume at $34.55.
This stock is usually traded at good volume, and with minor daily changes the risk is considered to be low. During the last day, the stock moved $0.63 (1.85%) between high and low. For the last week, the stock has had a daily average volatility of 1.96%.
Our recommended stoploss: We hold a sell evaluation for this stock. No stop-loss set.
1.96 %Average volatility
Very Low Low Medium High Very High
NRG Energy Inc holds several negative signals and we believe that it will still perform weakly in the next couple of days or weeks. We therefore hold a negative evaluation of this stock.
|Golden Star Signal|
Get competitive edge
The signal uses moving averages and adds special requirements that convert the very good Golden Cross into a Golden Star.
This signal is rare and, in most cases, gives a very good return. From 8.000 stocks usually only a few will trigger a Golden Star Signal per day!
Get access to Golden Star list now
|NRG $34.80 ($0.15 0.43%)|
NRG is up $0.15 today, but where's it headed in 2019?
|Zacks Investment Research is releasing its prediction for NRG based on the 1-3 month system that more than doubles the S&P 500.
This report is free today for StockInvest.us readers.
Click here – the NRG analysis is free »
From Our Blog
- Trading With Moving Average
- Pivot Points
- Accumulated Volume - Support and Resistance
- Volume - The Indicator You Really Need to Know
- We Give Back!
- Better Buy: Amazon vs. Facebook
- Better Buy: Apple vs. Microsoft
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- How to Lose Money When Trading: Part 2
- How to Lose Money When Trading: A Trader is Born
- Our 2017 Christmas Donation
- The Golden Star
- Announcing Partnership With CityFALCON
- Why correct moving average matters
- NASDAQ down -4.17%. Our portfolio is up +8.56%
- New Feature Added: Golden Star Signal
- Pick a Winner With StockInvest.us