Acacia Research Corporation Forecast and Stock Analysis
Technical ACTG stock analysis for Thursday May 23, 2019.
|Price to book||USD 0.84|
|Next Earnings Date||2019-07-24|
Acacia Research Corporation fell by -0.96% in the last day ( Thursday, 23rd May 2019 ) from $3.13 to $3.10 and has now fallen 3 days in a row. During day the stock fluctuated 2.94% from a day low at $3.06 to a day high of $3.15. The price has been going up and down for this period, and there has been a -1.27% loss for the last 2 weeks. Volume has increased in the last day by 300 470 shares, but on falling prices. This may be an early warning and the risk will be increased slightly for the next couple of days. In total, 346 692 shares bought and sold for approximately $1.07 million.
- 30 day high of the ACTG stock price was $3.20 and low was $3.02.
- 90 day high was $3.34 and low was $2.94.
- 52 week high for the Acacia Research Corporation - $4.40 and low - $2.75.
Given the current horizontal trend you can expect Acacia Research Corporation with 90% probability to be traded between $3.08 and $3.37 at the end of this period with 90% probability. A break of a horizontal trend is often followed by a large increase in the volume, and stocks seldom manage to go directly from the bottom of a trend up to the roof. Stocks turning up in the middle of a horizontal trend are therefore considered to be potential runners.
There are few to none technical positive signals at the moment. Acacia Research Corporation holds sales signals from both short- and long-term moving averages. In addition, there is a general sales signal from the relation between the two signals where the long-term average is above the short-term average. On corrections up there will be some resistance from the lines at $3.13 and $3.15. A break-up above any of these levels will issue buy signals. A sales signal was issued from a pivot top point on Tuesday May 21, 2019, which indicates further falls until a new bottom pivot has been found. Acacia Research Corporation gained volume on the last day, but on falling prices. In technical terms this is called divergence and may be an early warning. In some cases, increasing volume on falling prices may be considered positive, but that is mainly in typical "sell-off's".
* Golden Star Signal* is when the short-term moving average, the long-term moving average, and price line meet in a special combination. This combination is very rare and often followed by long and strong gains for the stock in question.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
RSI14 is 43 and the stock is currently not being overbought or oversold
Support & Resistance
Acacia Research Corporation finds support from accumulated volume at $3.05.
This stock is usually traded at good volume, and with minor daily changes the risk is considered to be low. During the last day, the stock moved $0.09 (2.94%) between high and low. For the last week, the stock has had a daily average volatility of 2.72%.
Our recommended stoploss: We hold a sell evaluation for this stock. No stop-loss set.
2.72 %Average volatility
Very Low Low Medium High Very High
Acacia Research Corporation holds several negative signals and is within a falling trend, so we believe it will still perform weakly in the next couple of days or weeks. We therefore hold a negative evaluation of this stock.
|Golden Star Signal|
Get competitive edge
The signal uses moving averages and adds special requirements that convert the very good Golden Cross into a Golden Star.
This signal is rare and, in most cases, gives a very good return. From 8.000 stocks usually only a few will trigger a Golden Star Signal per day!
Get access to Golden Star list now
|ACTG $3.10 ($-0.03 -0.96%)|
ACTG is down $0.03 today, but where's it headed in 2019?
|Zacks Investment Research is releasing its prediction for ACTG based on the 1-3 month system that more than doubles the S&P 500.
This report is free today for StockInvest.us readers.
Click here – the ACTG analysis is free »
From Our Blog
- Trading With Moving Average
- Pivot Points
- Accumulated Volume - Support and Resistance
- Volume - The Indicator You Really Need to Know
- We Give Back!
- Better Buy: Amazon vs. Facebook
- Better Buy: Apple vs. Microsoft
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- How to Lose Money When Trading: Part 2
- How to Lose Money When Trading: A Trader is Born
- Our 2017 Christmas Donation
- The Golden Star
- Announcing Partnership With CityFALCON
- Why correct moving average matters
- NASDAQ down -4.17%. Our portfolio is up +8.56%
- New Feature Added: Golden Star Signal
- Pick a Winner With StockInvest.us